ABOUT CAPE CLASSICS
Demanding authenticity, Cape Classics operates the “old-fashioned” way, with relationships and social responsibility at the forefront of our
business. Our wines embrace sustainable eco and social practices, doing their part to help preserve lands for future generations while improving
the human condition now. Our wines are expressive, crafted with passion and perspective, and delivered with the same hallmark levels of service
and professionalism since 1992.
Brothers André and Gary Shearer co-founded Cape Classics in 1992 shortly after trade between the U.S. and South Africa resumed following the end of
apartheid. Their mission was to introduce the wines of their home to the US with a focus on high-quality boutique producers whose bottlings represented
honest farming and the best of the Cape’s terroir. Today, Cape Classics has grown to bear its seal on 25% of all bottled South African wine available
in the U.S., the largest player in the South African wine import business. In 2013 Cape Classics expanded its portfolio to include wines from France,
a natural extension due to the many historical and stylistic synergies the two regions share. It is an international organization with offices in New
York City and South Africa, representing 31 wineries from these two countries in addition to their own brands, Jam Jar, Indaba and Braai of South Africa.
- Chardonnay (88 points “Best Buy” Wine Enthusiast 2018)
- Sauvignon Blanc (”Best Buy,” Wine & Spirits 2020; #43 Wine Enthusiast Top 100 Best Buys)
- Chenin Blanc (88 points, Wine Spectator 2016)
- Merlot (89 points Ultimate Wine Challenge)
- Mosaic (90 points “Great Value” Ultimate Wine Challenge)
Cabernet Sauvignon (90 points Wine & Spirits 2019; 89 points Wine Advocate 2018; 88 points Wine Enthusiast 2018;
88 points Wine Advocate 2019)
- Pinotage (89 points Wine Enthusiast 2020; 89 points Wine Advocate 2019)
- Sweet Shiraz (“Good Value” Wine & Spirits)
- Sweet White (“Good Value” Wine & Spirits)
- Sweet Blush (“Best Buy” Beverage Tasting Institute)
- Sweet Red Blend and Sparkling Sweet Red
USA: 2018 - Wine Enthusiast Importer of the year. 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 - Best & Brightest company to work for.
RSA: 2021 – Silver AGOA medium sized exporter of the Year to USA, Gold. 2022 - AGOA medium size exporter and the Overall Exporter
of the Year to the USA. 2022 – Bronze Southern African Exporter awards.
For a list of South African wineries we represent in the USA, please contact Matthew@capeclassics.com
For Africa & All other counties, please contact Nico@capeclassics.com